Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School & Some Great News

Well, I did it again. I put my baby on the school bus for the first day of school. The teacher said he did really well. She said he seemed much more attentive to what they were saying and doing with him. He colored a picture of a school bus. And all of this without thowing up! Yippee! This is going to be a great year for him.

Now for the great news. We went to a new Ophthamologist (special eye Dr.) for his annual follow-up. He told me that Stephen's near-sightedness was worse, but that the eyes themselves looked VERY healthy. That is apparently very unusual for kids like him. Way to go Ambrotose!

So now, we have a new prescription for glasses. Maybe if they really improve his vision, he will be more likely to keep them on. Cross our fingers. I am going to be introducing him to sandpaper letters in the hope that they might help him learn to read. The American Printing House for the Blind makes books with very large print for visually impaired people. I am going to see what I can find there as well.

We go to see the Gastrointerologist on Friday.

No comments: